- Experience with plastic injection mold design.
- Construct completed mold design from a 3D CAD file.
- Ensure the proper communication and be able to answer the technical questions with outside vendors. Follow up the schedule with the vendors. Ensure the delivery is on time and reviews of mold layouts.
- Ensure and provide the quality checks of the mold making and repairing process if it is necessary.
- Mechanical design and fabrication
- Part design and fabrication utilizing Bridgeport, lathe, and other equipment.
- Proficient at welding
- Familiar with Microsoft word and excel spreadsheets.
- Providing technical support for new product and existing automation processes
- Automation project management for new product launches and Continuous Improvement Projects.
- Training of plant personnel
Non Essential Skills desired but not necessary:
- Proficiency with PLC programming from conception to implementation
- Electrical circuit design and fabrication
- Pneumatic circuit design and fabrication
- Electrical blueprint reading to troubleshoot existing automation.
- Familiar with pick and place robot programming, and end of arm tooling fabrication
- Identify, cost justify, implement and manage new manufacturing systems and equipment to improve plant productivity and reduce labor
- Optimizing performance on automated equipment, inspection equipment and robotic work cells
- Plan and implement dedicated fully automated manufacturing cells
B.S. in Plastics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related/equivalent experience
- Strong project management experience
- 5+ years’ experience with Solid Works.
- Previous experience in process engineering a plus
- Experience in injection molding
- Creative thinking to drive innovation of existing processes
- Ability to communicate well with other functions
- Excellent equipment troubleshooting skills
- 5 years’ experience in injection molding with advanced levels of automation and control systems.
- Project management experience including budgeting and cost justification and control.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.